Saturday, July 19, 2008

Who turned out the lights?

For some reason all but one of my LED arrays appear to have gone out. I don't know if some LEDs went bad, a resistor went bad, my soldering went bad, or what. All I know is they don't seem to be working. I really hope that the specs on my LEDs were not incorrect and causing me to blow them out with too much power or something. I would have thought I would hear a pop or be able to visibly tell they are bad though, which I can't. Same with the resistor.

I'll have to see if I can find a circuit testor to borrow from someone.

I did finish the other two sides with three arrays of LEDs apiece. With the issue I'm having with the first two sides I decided to wait on the final soldering though.

I also picked up some wood to use for the acrylic frame. I'll break out my saw tomorrow and cut the pieces down to the correct size and see about getting the frame finalized. I also purchased some 600 grit sandpaper so that I can complete the sanding of the acyrlic edges. (I tried to find something finer, but that was the finest they had.)

If I can get the frame finished tomorrow, then I will post some pictures.

No comments: