Friday, July 18, 2008

Half of the LEDs are in place

I have LEDs hooked to two sides of the frame now. I have decided to wait on adding the LEDs to the other two sides until after I get my camera and verify that FTIR is actually occuring. I keep meaning to take pictures of the current build, but I think I'll wait until I clean up the wiring a bit, as it is really just thrown together right now.

It does appear that my grouping of 8 LEDs using a 1 ohm resistor is going to work out. Obviously I won't know for sure until the new camera gets here, but the camera I do have shows that the LEDs are at least working. (With the IR filter build into the camera it isn't able to pick up blobs from FTIR.)

I'm a bit surprised that my camera hasn't come yet and am getting a bit impatient. I'm tempted to just run to the store and buy one tonight if it doesn't show up today. I will hopefully build another table after this one, so it isn't as if it would go to waste.

No comments: