Sunday, July 20, 2008

Kicked it into high gear

I kicked it into high gear today and got alot done so far.

I measured all the wood for the frame, made all the cuts, and have it all set out in the correct positioning. I'm going to slowly glue it together piece by piece, with the first piece setting right now. I also have pictures!

I took the time to attempt to smooth the edges a bit more... I guess it helped. I used 400 grit and 600 grit sandpaper, wetting the 600 at the end. I then found some of my wife's silver polish and took that to the edge to see if I could clear it up a bit. Not sure if that helped. I did manage to get the faces all dirty and had to spend way too much time cleaning it without leaving a ton of streaks. (What is the best way to clean acrylic? Can you use something like windex on it?)

While typing this I was waiting for my camera software to pick up the camera I plugged into the USB port. Doh. I don't have the software on this computer. It's on my wife's computer and I don't feel like turning it on right now.

So pictures a bit later today. I promise.

No comments: