Saturday, July 12, 2008

Got everything in that I need to start building.

I received my LED holders in the mail today and picked up some C Channel aluminum. The C Channel aluminum actually fits the acrylic PERFECTLY. Without the paper on the acrylic it might be a little loose, but hopefully the rosco grey will make up for it.

I drilled some holes in one of the C Channel pieces to make sure that my drill and bit could handled it. Took longer than I would have expected, but worked just fine. I didn't get the LED holders in until after drilling the holes, so while the LEDs fit great in the holes, I have to widen them a bit for the holders to fit in.

I picked up the power supply (12V wall adapter) and needed resistors at Radio Shack. However, Tinkerman on NUI Group forums pointed out that I may want to switch from the 22 ohm resistors I bought to 1 ohm resistors. (Tinkerman seems to be on half the posts I read and is always helping people. I'm glad NUI Group forums have people like him on it always willing to help out and share their experiences.)

If it wasn't for the fact that it is a friend of mines birthday tonight, I would attempt to get the LEDs wired up to the acrylic tonight! Guess that will have to wait until tomorrow.

No comments: