Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I'm back from vacation and ready to get started. Most of the materials arrived while I was away, so everything should be ready to roll.

First off, prep the camera for IR... DOH. The cheap camera I got doesn't have a removable IR filter. I tried scraping the lens in the hopes that it was a painted filter, but no luck there. Guess I got what I paid for. So I picked one off of http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/infraredwebcam.htm that is said to work and am trying to get one off ebay now.

I also found out that my LED Holders were apparently backordered since 6/20, but they never notified me. I cancelled that order and found some even cheaper and better looking on ebay. Plus they are located much closer and will ship much quicker. (The backorder excuse I got was that they were held up in customs or something...)

Perhaps I will head to Lowes tonight to pickup some or all of the remaining supplies. Either that or I will start polishing the edges of the acrylic. (Unless I go out and cut the grass instead....)

No comments: