Saturday, August 23, 2008

Follow-up to LED lights going bad.

I almost forgot to mention the LED light problem I was having. I decided that they were probably going bad because I was overpowering them. (Yeah, according to their specs I wasn't, but maybe the specs were wrong.)

So I've removed the 1ohm resistors I was using and have gone with some 22ohm resistors instead. This means I'm probably under powering them significantly and not getting nearly as much light as I could be, but it should hopefully be enough.

Unfortunately, I'm down to one spare LED light now. (Well, two if you count the one that works but had the connecting wire broken off at the base.) So if any more LEDs go bad then I guess I will either need to try to get in touch with the original buyer so I can keep using the same LEDs, or order the suggested quality LEDs that the NUI Group usually recommends. (I'm hoping for no more problems!)

No comments: